THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Wednesday, December 15, 2010

My Michael Jackson Highlights 2010

Well here we are again at the end of the year. As people reflect over the last 300 something days (seeing as we aren’t officially over) they begin to review all kinds of people, places and things that have affected them from the year. Now with 16 days still left, some stuff could pop off, but for the most part I feel confident that I can pinpoint most of my best Mike moments for the year.

Getting Michael Live in Bucharest onto my Iphone 4 - Just pure FIYAH!! The Train ride will never be the same without it.

Discovering unreleased Tracks – for some strange reason, I never really realized that there might be music out there by Mike other than what he’s allowed to be released. (This really is the basic argument concerning any work being put out after his passing but that’s ANOTHER subject). I’ve found some really nice stuff.

The Mike (and his Brothers) remix – Here’s another area where I hadn’t spent any time. There has been some FANTASTIC DJ work on the Jackson collection!! Wow!

Social Media & Mike – to be able to connect whenever I need to with others all over the world concerning Mike and his magic has filled a spot in me that was empty for awhile. It’s one thing to ‘do yo Mike’ alone but another to do it with and around others who feel the same way.

Hearing Mike in the Mainstream – it’s quite bittersweet, but at this point, on any given day, I can cut the radio on and there he is. I can hear him upwards of 3-4 times a day!! When is the last time we’ve been able to do that outside of an oldies station?

The Brothers Coming Out Of Hiding – when I saw (and touched) them New Years Eve 2009, I wasn’t quite sure what their presence would be moving forward and much to my surprise and delight they have been out here in the world with us. We’ve seen the Jackson Family like we haven’t seen them in years! Sometimes it’s good and sometimes……yet they are taking their place in the kingdom like they should!!

Meeting Prince, Paris and Blanket - Michael, who did have valid albeit ‘extra’ reasoning concerning the shielding of his children, let us in very little to their lives. Over the course of this year, we’ve been able to finally see and hear from his children. It adds such a wonderful dimension to his life and legacy. I’m happy to meet them.

Other Fans – WOW! Just WOW! I can’t even comprehend the level of fandom that is associated with Michael Jackson. I try to explain to folks that I am like a teenager in the game – the adults are on some other stuff and I aspire daily to be like them, lol. There are all kinds, who pay homage in all kinds of ways, for all kinds of reasons. The old heads like me, the young ones, the post Thriller Babies just all kinds!! LOVE EM!!

Merchandising - I’ve had cool stuff pertaining to him for YEARS!! However, the level of merchandising available to an MJ fan now….it can get you in A LOT of trouble! I have struggled all year with wanting to get everything and needing to not get in trouble with the hubby for over spending. My list currently is not that long, but I definitely need to plot out a wish list for 2011.

Visuals of the Man – OH MY GOD!! Part of my Mikeing this year has afforded me the discovery of hundreds, no THOUSANDS of images of the Man and his magic!! My collection has went into the arena of folks being jealous of my boogie, lol I can sit right here at this computer and go through my collection for a good hour. I have been able to pick out my favorite weight, hair, time period, outfit etc. I also have been able to print out over a hundred photos for my personal up close enjoyment. I LIVE!

Experiencing Captain EOWhen Captain EO originally came out, I was living in Atlanta and never had been to a Disney Park. It really didn't phase me any that I wouldn't be seeing this. Fast forward to this year. I was excited that they were bringing it back out. Imagine my surprise when after I had booked my family our trip to Disney Orlando, it was announced that it would also be showing at Disney Orlando AND the Premiere was on one of the dates we were going to be there!!! I finally got my chance on July 2, 2010 to see Captain EO and it was everything I thought and wanted it to be!!

And at this point the crème de la crème…..

My MJ Scrapbook – I never thought that this would be something that I would embark, but once I started the spirit just took over and the vision just flowed from me. Over 100 pages later (minus the 2 pages about the kids that I forgot and any future pages – there will be future pages) it is complete. It sets me apart, it’s my OPUS from my point of view. The ONLY other Labor of Love I have embarked upon was the pregnancy and birth of my daughter…PERIOD!

0 comments: