THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Sunday, April 4, 2010

Mikeing.....


Mikeing /verb/ - the act of spending time enjoying the work, stories, pictures etc. of Michael Jackson. Yes I turned him into a verb, lol I have miked for most of my life in varying degrees of intensity. It got more intense, of course, after his passing. I now Mike as least once a day. Don't know why, but I just like it. With the advent of the internet, Mikeing can be a fabulous thing. I can spend HOURS just on Ebay looking at the 500+ pages of merchandising etc. Then there are the forums and websites and fan pages, add in Twitter and Facebook and you can have a full fledged addiction to all things Mike.

There is another layer of this that involves the music. I don't listen to the music everyday because it can be too much and I have other musical taste as well. What happened though is that I have had songs rise to the top as my favorites for all time. Songs that mean something to me for real. That are attached to some event in my life or some feeling. I might listen to them more frequently. A sub layer of this is videos. There are all kinds of videos out there. I personally carry 35 of them at all times on my iPhone, lol I look at them everyday when I ride the train to and from work. There are great fan tribute videos, remix videos and things that have come out of Mike in his personal time.

The final layer would be your personal items or projects that you work on. I spend time with my 'collection' which I consider to be eclectic and very personal. I get things that I identify with, so I just don't collect all things Mike. I also am not concerned with whether they are endorsed or if his estate is getting some portion of my money. I have donated to the estate of Michael Jackson in my days and thus he has my respect. If I see something I want then I want it. At some point I will showcase my stuff. I also scrapbook and am working on my memory book to him at this time. This book is all over the place because I go with feeling and being moved in the spirit about it. I also am working to not have it be a collection of pictures and definitive history that is cold etc. I want it to be from my point of view, the way I want to memoralize him and celebrate his life and his families lives to this point.

Now I have this blog. I have posts flowing like water and could probably write several a day at this point. This is a great outlet just to discuss the man and his family without fear of reprecussion or assignment of weirdness. I still hunt for someone in person, but until then this is great!

0 comments: