THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Thursday, April 1, 2010

Why This Blog? Why Not?



I opened the mailbox and a smile immediately lit up my face. The package was here. Over the past 9 months, I have become intimately linked to the UPS, Fed/Ex and Mailman (no so much the mailman I hate him). I flew in the house and opened the package - Walah! A sealed set of Michael Jackson Gift Wrapping Paper. I didn't even know he had wrapping paper out. Apprently during the Bad era - they released this paper. I thought about how I would use one sheet for my scrapbook and put the rest back in the package for safe keeping. My very next thought was that I wanted to tell someone - except..there was no one to tell. Well there were plenty of people to tell, but noone to care, lol

I was in a peculiar place. I was an old negro fan that had no fanbase to communicate with. Folks have been MORE than giving and understanding throughout my whole life of my fascination of Michael Jackson and his Brothers/Family. I mean hell it's been almost 38 years of me adoring these folks. YET at some point this type of fanship wanes. Folks move on to adult hobbies and adult fascinations...I haven't.

Over the course of the past 9 months - I dusted off my fanship and put it back into my daily life. I mean alot of folks did just based on the circumstance. However, even that waned and now only the diehard fans are still communicating and keeping up and mostly via the internet. The whole way even the young people celebrate their fanship has changed. I am a relic of a time long gone.

AND I LOVE IT!! Fuck what cha heard - I'M LOVING what I'm doing! Yea there are times when I get a bit lonely in fan castle and there are times when I feel misunderstood, but ultimately I'm doing me and as much as folks throw that phrase around - are they really?

So as a grown man can walk around looking like this:


I can do my thang. However, outside of the discussion groups and my dear dear family and friends who take the time to listen to me, and indulge me - I wanted another outlet and so I blog. This might turn out to be something hot, if I get an actual readership, lol lol

This is not a fan page where there will be countless pictures posted, videos etc. etc. This will be a one person account of the journey they are taking in Fanville. I might spend a whole post talking about Jackie Jacksons fine ass, or I might want to talk about Mikes eyebrows - who knows.

This is where I will showcase my collection, my scrapbook, my thoughts, my opinions, my memories and all the things I talk about in my freaking head. I might make some new friends, I might lose some, lol lol But this is MY SPOT!

0 comments: