THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Wednesday, April 7, 2010

The Scrapbook


Soo at first this idea was not on my mind at all. I was more excited about developing my HS scrapbook. I had just completed my very first one which is dedicated to my BFF's and our adventures. Then one day I was on the train watching the 30th Anniversary and all of a sudden I just got moved by the notion of whether Mike's Brothers ever realized that show was the last time they performed professionally as a group. It led me to thinking about how it would be a labor of absolute love if I put together a memory book for myself and the project began.

To the right I have streaming my progress so far. It has been quite interesting because of the sheer volume of pictures and stories. What direction to go in, what exactly did I want to 'say' with this book, how freaking big would it be! Like most stories start at the beginning and just fill in the blanks.

I work based on feeling about the page. I just won't be able to get all of Mike and his siblings story in this book. I need to get the major things that make me smile - create a canvas to splatter my memories on. Filled with pictures and words that tell his story through my eyes. It's not to be critiqued for content - it's the content I want and/or need for it to have.

There are pages that I already have planned - but it's not time and won't be for awhile. I have obtained some great customized papers, stickers, banners etc. to add depth, variety and extra.

Due to the sheer volume of the project, when the spirit hits me, I have to do some prep work before I actually start the craft of 'booking' (me and my special language, lol) I outline the thought I have and choose the pictures from the hundreds I have or the net to flush out the image.

Tonite was a good night. I wanted to continue covering the younger years. Three to Five pages poured out of this mind of mines. Tomorrow - the vision will develop on paper.

0 comments: